BCAK membership renewal is now open.
The regular online membership renewal period for 2018 ends Sunday, December 31, 2017. The late membership renewal period runs from January 1, 2018 to January 31, 2018.
Please note: Memberships not renewed by the December 31st deadline are considered to be 'not in good standing', are subject to late fees and you many have restricted access to member services and benefits. Memberships not renewed by January 31, 2018 will lapse effective this date.
- Log in to your BCAK profile—if you do not remember your login, you can retrieve your password or activate your MyBCAK account
- On your MyBCAK page, select 'Renew or Change your Membership' from the menu
- Follow the onscreen instructions—select your membership type and your payment method
- Practicing members and practicing members on maternity/paternity/long term disability leave only: purchase your insurance via the Prolink website (you will be automatically redirected) or complete and submit a verification of other professional insurance.
Non-Practicing members are not eligible for insurance.
- You will be redirected back to the BCAK website and be emailed your membership card and receipt to confirm your renewal is complete.
Don't Forget to Enter Your Continuing Educations Credits!
All Practicing Members of the BCAK are required to complete a minimum of 20 continuing education (CESP) credits in order to renew their membership. Please enter your CE credit details online prior to attempting to renew your membership. To enter your CE Credits, log in to the BCAK website and submit your credits under 'CE Credits' in your account menu. When submitting credits you will be asked for an approval number—this only applies to courses offered directly by the BCAK and you do not need to enter a number here unless you have been provided one.
Visit our website for information on how to earn CE Credits. If you joined the BCAK as a new Practicing Member in 2017, you may be eligible for prorated CE Credits. See the website to find out if this applies to you. Enter your credit exemption manually under the category 'CE Credit Waive'.
Credit Card: Transactions may be processed up until the deadline on December 31st.
Cheque/Money Order: Payment must be received at the BCAK office by December 29th to receive the 2017 member rebate and avoid the late fee. Payment may be dropped off at the office or should be postmarked (in the mail) no later than December 20th, 2017 in order to allow sufficient time for Canada Post delivery to the BCAK office.
Please note: The office will be closed December 23rd to 26th, 30th, 31st and Jan 1st 2018. We strongly encourage you to renew by December 22nd to avoid any issues with the renewal process and the heavy credit card processing load of the Christmas season!